Sunday, August 29, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day 6

It's a whatever I want to write day. woot!

This morning I had my last bike event for a while. It was Bike the Bay, 25.5 miles long. I had to wake up about 4:30am so I could get ready, get out the door and find where I had to park in time. Thankfully it was pretty easy to find and they were directing us into the Hilton's parking garage. They gave us a discount with parking there, instead of the normal rates I just had to pay a flat $10 (which is great because when she took my ticket at the end it came up as $30). As I was driving in the garage I started getting worried, I wasn't sure if I brought my helmet or not. I had to get a parking spot, take the bike off and then open the trunk. I did bring it and I'm glad I had it in my car because I don't think I would have had time to run back home. I had a lot of time to wait around and enjoy the beautiful morning once I got to the park. The event started about 7am. They did waves of 100-150 people and I was part of wave #14.

The hardest part was the first, we immediately headed over to the on ramp for the Coronado bridge. They tell you before you leave the starting line that the on ramp is the steepest part of the whole thing. It was pretty tough. I just kept a slow and steady pace. One I got to the top of the bridge that was probably one of my happiest moments. I was so thrilled I made it on the bridge, I glided down with a smile. The rest of the course wasn't bad. There were 3 rest stops and the rest was just looking around and enjoying the sights.

When I was coming across the finish line there was Photina and the girls saying "yay Whitney". It was too cute and I really appreciated them coming out. I'm glad I did it and I cannot wait until I can find another biking event.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The girls and I were so proud of you. :-) They loved cheering you on.