Monday, October 4, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day 18

Today is whatever tickles my fancy.

A lot has gone on these past couple of weeks.

First Lily got sick. Mike had just come home from an underway and she started throwing up that night. We figured it was either nerves or just a little sickness. Normally I just let her play it out and within 24 hours or so she's fine. Not this time. She did it three days in a row so I finally took her into the ER. Nicole was awesome and came with. They did xrays and bloodwork. Her bloodwork was great, the xrays showed what they thought could be blockage. They gave her fluids and we went home. They said to fast her 24 hours and then giver her some water. Then if she threw up the water that we need to bring her back in. Well of course, she threw that up. We took her back in and they again saw "blockage". They said we really needed to do surgery and that it seemed like something was blocking her intestines. We took care of paperwork and she was sent into surgery that night. We called the next morning to check on her....here comes the best part nothing was blocking anything and she was fine. The only good that came out of the surgery was they went ahead and glued her stomach to her abs. That is to decrease her chances of ever having bloat. We were upset that they pushed surgery and she was fine. Next time we know that she just needs anti-nausea medicine and that she really is a nervous dog.

She's doing great now!

I've been spending a lot of time with Photina and the girls. It's been great, they get the idea of where I'm going. We took a trip up to Julian today and it was nice. It's always so pretty up there and the apple cider is amazing. So far we've gone every year up there and every time I get a new fairy from this store there. I got one this year and it's so pretty. Tomorrow we're going to have pictures taken of us (Photina, the girls and me) by the great Pamela :) It will be nice having this pictures to look at and remember. Photina is an amazing friend and my family! They can't get rid of Mike and me lol.

Moving is also getting closer. The movers come Wednesday and we leave Friday. I'm pretty excited about the road trip and time with Mike. Lately he's been working so much we don't really see each other a lot. We should get to our stops with some time to relax in the rooms and enjoy the night. Then once we get there and sign the apartment papers, I'm hoping that we can make a trip to Seattle and celebrate my birthday with dinner and walking around.

No comments: