Sunday, October 17, 2010

We made it

The best part about being a military spouse is moving around and seeing different places. We've been married almost 4 years and we have lived in 3 different states. We are in the third state now, living in our 4th place together. It's such an adventure.

The movers showed up on Oct. 6th to pack up our house. The guy was able to get almost everything done and was pretty nice. On Oct. 7th the movers came again, this time to take everything away to be shipped. That day Photina and her 3 girls came over to spend some time and help. Photina was awesome and helped me scrub the house for the final inspection. The girls were able to run around in empty rooms hehe. They didn't quite understand what was going on as they kept asking the movers why they were taking my stuff. To keep them busy Photina gave them something to color. I later saw it was for me, it says "We love Whitney". I absolutely love it and actually brought it up with me to hang up.

Then Oct. 8th came around, the day that Photina and I were trying to avoid thinking about and mentioning in conversation. I took care of the final inspection and it actually went great. We only owed $10 for the screen door. I was preparing for the worst in what we would owe in repairs. After that and running errands I went to Photina's house to wait for Mike to get off work. She gave me my first birthday present and it was great. I was probably supposed to wait and open it later but yeah I couldn't help myself hehe. It is a great picture of Brandi, Photina and me. It is in a picture frame that says sisters. I love it. Then we went to Borders where she wanted to buy me another birthday present. She let me pick it out. I got two books: "Eat, Pray, Love" and "Love the one your with". I'm pretty excited to read those soon. After borders we chatted with Nicole for a little out in the parking lot, she was leaving the same day as well. Soon after getting back to Photina's Mike showed up. We switched some stuff up in the car and knew it was time to say goodbye. I hugged the girls and was holding it together but then came saying goodbye to Photina. We stood in the kitchen staring at each other for a while not knowing what to say and honestly just not wanting to face the truth. We finally hugged for quite a while, shared some tears and said goodbye. Like we've both said, we're stuck with each other forever :) She is such an amazing person and I cannot wait until we can hang out again.

Our drive was great. The first day we stopped in Fresno, CA. We had thought about going further to Sacramento but we weren't sure what time he'd get off work and how tired he'd be. They were working so much the week we left so I'm really glad that we shortened the drives. Once in Fresno we pretty much just grabbed dinner and went to sleep pretty quick. The next day we drove to Medford, OR. The drive there was really pretty with all the mountains and so many trees. I loved the views. In Medford we walked around the mall and Barnes & Noble. It was nice to walk around for a while after sitting in a car all day. Our third day of driving we made it to Port Orchard, WA (our new home for little bit). That drive was just as pretty too. I fell in love when we drove down to our hotel, it was right on the bay.

On Oct. 11 (my birthday) we moved into our apartment. It's a nice little place. Once we got all the stuff unloaded we did a lot of exploring and shopping. We found a great chinese place nearby. Then later that night we went out for my birthday and had a great dinner. Which was followed by a little more shopping. Mike insisted I get this coat. I kept saying nahh I didn't need it but he took it to the cashier and bought it immediately. It was a good birthday.

Since then it's been exploring places around us and getting errands done. I look forward to the memories we'll make here in WA.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

That brought tears to my eyes... I am looking forward to getting up there myself.. I am glad you are enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

Like you told me after my blog...way to make me cry. Again. I miss you sister! I am glad you are liking it up there though!

Brandi H. said...

Glad you made it there safely. I know what you mean about the goodbyes, it was hard to leave.

Saw the picture you got for your birthday on Photina's blog and it's a good one of us all.