Friday, October 29, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day 21

A recipe

I absolutely love this chunky chili recipe. I fixed it once and both Mike and I were hooked. I got it from one of my crock pot cookbooks that I received as a gift.

Ingredients:

1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 oz) rinsed and drained pinto beans
1/2 cup prepared salsa
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Optional toppings:
cheese
black olives (put them in and tasted good)
onions

Steps:

1. cook beef and onion in pan over medium-high heat. Then drain.
2. Places in crockpot: beef mixture, tomatoes with juice, beans, salsa, chili powder and cumin. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

So now I just play around with seasonings and the tomatoes (get different flavors). It's really good. Then add some sweet cornbread (can get that recipe on the side of boxed cornmeal) to the side. It's a perfect meal.

No comments: