Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Insanity Day 1

I was never sure if I should blog about this or not. But with the help of some amazing friends I decided to go for it. 

My fitness journey started several years ago when I met an amazing person, Laura. I weighed in at 200 pounds in 2008 and was not happy at all with how far I had let myself go. I signed up for training sessions with Laura and it changed my life forever. 

Thanks to her I lost 40+ pounds and found a love for working out. 

Now years later I wanted to challenge myself. I started sessions with her again because she is amazing at her job! I also then took the plunge and ordered Insanity. 



It came in the mail today and I was thrilled! 

I went ahead and started the program today. Day 1 is the fit test. You go through several exercises, do them for 1 minute, and then write down how many you were able to complete. The fit test is done every two weeks to keep up with your progress. 

Here are my results: 
Switch kicks- 48 reps
Power jacks- 37
Power knees- 80
Power jumps- 28
Globe jumps- 8 reps
Suicide jumps- 13
Push-up jacks- 21
Low plank oblique- 51

I also took some before pictures so that once I'm done I can see how far I've come. 






2 comments:

Brandi H. said...

I'm glad you decided to blog it! I think it will really help you see your results and progress. Not to mention, it will always be there for you to look back at for encouragement on hard days.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah! It also helps knowing that I need to blog about it and the last thing I want is to blog that I skipped.