Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 8

We are definitely starting to get into the colder weather. I woke up to it being 68 in the house. Brr. So while in my amazing warm clothes I sat down to enjoy my favorite breakfast of steel cut oats. I had never tried steel cut oats until we moved to WA. I have been hooked ever since. It's not mushy like normal oatmeal. It has a nutty taste to it and is crunchier. The best part about it is it keeps me full for hours. My favorite way to do it is just adding brown sugar and raisins. It's fantastic.

After all of that the majority of my day was spent at work. I can't complain since we opened an hour later today and I was off at 4. It was nice working shorter hours today. 

Once I was home from work it was time to bust out a workout. Today's video was Cardio Power & Resistance. I was so proud of myself. The only pause I did on the video was to put dinner in the oven. I'm loving the videos more and more because I see myself getting stronger. Now to start slowly adding more other workouts in along with Insanity. 


I wanted to make us something nice for dinner so I tried something different. I went with a parmesan crusted chicken, roasted broccoli & cauliflower, and baked bbq beans. It was very good. The chicken was just dry italian seasoning, garlic, and parmesan cheese mixed together and then coat the chicken in the mixture. The vegetables were roasted in garlic and olive oil then sprinkled with parmesan cheese. I really like the vegetables the most. 

Normally we end out nights with watching a show together. We've already finished the two season of Game of Thrones. Tonight we've started the Breaking Bad series all while I munched on some 100 calorie popcorn. 

Okay I want this blog to be more of a fitness journey and not just an Insanity journey. I know the whole reason I started blogging again was to write down my progress with Insanity. But this isn't just a for the moment change. This is a lifestyle change. So I'm needing a creative name for the blog instead of Harris Family plus a nice layout to go with it. Any ideas?




1 comment:

Brandi H. said...

I think it's a good idea to just add a tab onto your page. Then you can keep your family blog, and have your fitness one. Then you don't necessarily have to do a complete overhaul of the blog.